1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Post Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE Here** 2021 CLOSED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by denisebrain, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liveshopdie

liveshopdie Registered Guest

Suse Front.JPG
    40's/50's vintage sweater by Suse (Susan Dannenberg). Hand-knitted and decorated by a small fashion concern in Hollywood, California. Most research on these sweaters goes back to a 1947 Life Magazine article, although I have seen two different ads from 1954 as well. Submitted by liveshopdie.

Retrieved for the Label Resource 1/31/21
    Thank you, Trixie!

2. Hollie Point

Hollie Point VFG Member

View attachment 131745 Okay, hopefully this is useful. Apparently I didn't keep the original image of the label inside the dress but here's the hang tag for a licensed Diane Von Furstenberg for RE 7 dress/robe. Per ads found on Newspapers.com this is late 1970s. RE 7 made loungewear and sleepwear and this particular dress is a loungewear wrap dress. If it's used please use my shop name: Hollie Point. If you don't want hang tags let me know because I have A LOT of hang tag photos and I don't want to spam this thread with them if they're not useful! :)

@Hollie Point
    Yes, we do include hang tags in the Label Resource!

Added to the Label Resource 2/01/21
    Thanks, Jennifer!

3. Hollie Point

Hollie Point VFG Member

And here's an Edith Small label from one of the most amazing 1950s suits that I've ever had the privilege to hold in my hands.

Added to the Label Resource 2/01/21
    Thanks, Jennifer!

4. Hollie Point

Hollie Point VFG Member

Here's a 1950s Lilli Ann petite label from a suit jacket. From what I can tell this label was used no earlier than 1954 and no later than 1958. Per a 1954 newspaper article these were intended for women who were 5'4" and under. Also including hang tags from a 1950s Teena Paige shirtwaist.

ADDED TO THE LR 2-3-21, THANKS JENNIFER!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2021
    Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. Straylight Vintage

Straylight Vintage VFG Member

From a 1950's Claire McCardell woolen dress
    ADDED TO THE LR 2-5-21, THANKS CYNTHIA!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2021
  6. Hollie Point

Hollie Point VFG Member

Hang tags from a 1960s silk Vera Neumann blouse. Unfortunately, I can't find a photo of the blouse and I rather inexplicably didn't save photos of the inside and back of the hang tag.

ADDED TO THE LR 2-5-21, THANKS JENNIFER!

7. Hollie Point

Hollie Point VFG Member

And another Claire McCardell label that I don't think is in the label resource. This one is from a 1950s sundress.

ADDED TO THE LR 2-5-21, THANKS JENNIFER!

8. Straylight Vintage

Straylight Vintage VFG Member

red knit 70's dress
    Retrieved for the Label Resource 2/18/21
    Thank you, Cynthia!

9. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I wrote the LR entry for Fisba-Stoffels some years ago, but now have found a lot of new information, and also that some of my information there wasn't correct. Please replace that entry with the one below. I have also added a Stoffels "only" logo for completion. Maybe Stoffels can be added with a referring link to this whole entry?

Fisba-Stoffels is mainly known for colorfully printed fine cotton handkerchiefs, but also produced silk scarves and tea towel calendars. Their products were sold around the world. The Fisba-Stoffels Taschentuch AG was founded in 1968 in St. Gallen by Patrick Stoffel and Christian Fischbacher Jr. Patrick Stoffel was its CEO until the company closed in 1988. What was left was taken over by the Fischbacher company.

The Stoffel family had been dealing with textiles and in textile production since the early 19th century. Patrick Stoffel’s father was Max Stoffel, who had been CEO of the Stoffel AG (formerly Stoffel & Cie), which had been incorporated in 1888 and for some time was one of the largest textile companies in the region. Starting in 1965, the company was gradually sold to Burlington Industries, except for their handkerchief production which was taken over by the new enterprise Fisba-Stoffels. Stoffel started with the production of handkerchiefs sometime between the two world wars, and these were a well-known as “Stoffel-Tüechli” in Switzerland.

The Fischbacher company also has its roots in the St. Gallen region since the early 19th century, and had introduced the production of handkerchiefs in the late 19th century. In 1940, their first international subsidiary, FISBA Fabrics Inc., was founded in New York. Further subsidiaries followed after the war, as well as connections to Haute Couture houses in Paris. In the 1980s, the focus shifted from fashion fabrics to home textiles. Today they are known for high-quality bed linens and fabrics for home furnishings.

Fisba-Stoffels 1980s silk scarf

Fisba-Stoffels 1980s cotton handkerchief

Fisba-Stoffels 1970s cotton handkerchief

Stoffels 1960s cotton handkerchief

Added to the Label Resource 2/17/21. Thank you. Karin!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    denisebrain and Vintagiality like this.
  10. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Yikes, ladies... the new rabbit hole I found provided some more information - I just realised that I had been searching the wrong way, when I was looking for info on another company :wacko:.

Corrections in red above. The logo dating works the other way around according to the old ads I know found - the printed logo is 80s, and the sticker one could be anytime 70s. I'm really sorry for that!

Edited in the Label Resource 2/17/21

11. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Registered Guest

Bellville Sassoon Lorcan Mullany. Bellville Sassoon is the company and Lorcan Mullany is the head designer.
    The blazer is from the late 80s or early 90s.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellville_Sassoon

Thanks, Katarzyna!

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  12. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

From a 1990s wool skirt by St Michael

Thank you, Ruth!

13. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

Is there a way for me to forward you an email I received from a lady I met on a FB group. It is a label we do not have, with pictures of the dress, label, and information about the designer?

14. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Sure! You have my email address, right?

Distantdetails likes this.
  15. Katarzyna

Submitting Rifat Ozbek, tail coat/blazer? Early 90s, possibly 1994

Added to the Label Resource 2/25/21
    Thanks, Katarzyna!

Distantdetails and Retro Ruth like this.
  16. Katarzyna

Byblos linen/viscose blazer. Confirmed spring/summer 1989 collection. And volunteering to write info on Byblos (which I will submit next week with Bellville Sassoon :))
    Retrieved for the Label Resource 2/25/21
    Thanks, Katarzyna!

Attached Files:

Midge, Retro Ruth and Vintagiality like this.
  17. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Melbray / Melbray of London

I've seen a few garments from this brand, all from the 50s and 60s, and they've always been lovely, but I can find no information on the company.

Here are two labels:

From a 1950s cotton print dress

From a mid/late 1960s dress - 1967 or so

Please credit: RetroRuthUK (as one word)

Retrieved for the Label Resource 2/14/21
    Thanks, Ruth!

Katarzyna likes this.
  18. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

You have this label from Bernhard Altmann, but it is a bit fuzzy. If you would like a replacement, I can get a more straightforward shot.

19. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Thank you, Maggie!

20. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Here’s a clean photo of the tag. Garment photo in next post.
    Added to the Label Resource 2/24/21
    Thanks, Maggie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.