1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Post Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE Here** 2021 CLOSED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by denisebrain, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 2.02.00 PM.png
    This is a place to SUBMIT LABELS ONLY - Not a place to discuss or ask questions about a label. If you would like to ask questions about a label PLEASE post in the forum located HERE.

The Vintage Fashion Guild is constantly updating the Label Resource, and we welcome contributions. If you have labels to contribute, we ask that you keep in mind a few guidelines.

First, please check the Label Resource to insure that your label is not already included.

If your label is NOT shown there, and you feel it should be, then post an image of the label onto this thread, together with the following:
    (1) date of garment
    (2) type of garment
    (3) photo of garment
    (4) any information you have about the designer/label and where you found that info
    (5) how you would like to be credited for your contribution (i.e. your name, your VFG username, or your vintage fashion business name)

Please submit a clear, straight, close-up shot of the label that is 500 pixels or larger.
    Here is an example:
    loper.jpeg

Also, because of the change of the label sizes when the website changed format, some of the old labels are grainy and hard to read. If you have one of the labels that is in this condition, we welcome your replacement label.

Under copyright law, the owner of a photograph has exclusive rights to that photograph. Please, only submit images that are your own, or that you have obtained express permission to share. By posting your label image here, you are giving your copyright assignment for the image to go onto the Label Resource. You will be credited for your contribution.

We are always looking for new information about any of the labels on the resource. Please post here, or send an email if you have information you wish to contribute!

Concerning Use of the Label Resource:

Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild’s Label Resource. Here you’ll find a large collection of vintage label images, complete with biographies and company histories for each label.

We are working hard to make sure this Resource is as comprehensive as possible. It is a work in progress; its growth depends upon contributions of labels, and any omissions are due to the fact that examples of many designers’ work are scarce. We welcome contributions of labels that are not represented on the Resource.

This Resource is to be used only as an educational tool, and is not intended as a value guide. Inclusion of a label in the resource is not an indication of value, as garments vary greatly in value depending on many factors. Another point that needs to be considered by users is that some companies used the same label for many years, and just because the garment used on the label resource is a certain date, it does not mean that all garments with the same label are the same date.

The labels included have been carefully researched, we have worked hard to insure that all information is correct. If a mistake should be found, we would greatly appreciate access to your information so the Resource can be corrected.

We hope you find the Vintage Fashion Guild’s Label Resource useful. We provide the Resource at no cost to the vintage community, and we are pleased when people are able to use it. We do ask that if you use the resource or copy parts of it on another site (such as eBay, blogs, articles, etc.) that you credit the VFG in the following way: “Information courtesy of The Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource” or “Information courtesy of {Contributor's Name}/the Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource”.

Please note that the author of the bio owns the copyright to the work, and that the copyright is assigned to the VFG. In order to be in compliance with eBay’s copyright policy, and the law, you must credit all copyrighted work.

Thank you!

liveshopdie likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Not sure if this one would work for the novelty labels...my hubby found the wording quite amusing. From a mens 1960s coat with velvet collar.
    Retrieved for the Label Resource 1/21/21
    Thank you!

3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Here is an early 50's evening dress (with a nod to the 40's) made by "Chanel" Gowns, kings cross, New South Wales, Australia. It does not actually have any connection to the fabulous CHANEL house, but as I have been informed the similarity of name was a marketing ploy by an Australian designer/dress maker to induce custom. The font is quite different and the word Chanel has quotation marks around it on this copy label. I was asked to add it to the label resource. Happy to be credited as GemGem

ADDED TO THE LR 1-5-21, THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2021
  4. Alexandria Dierkes

Alexandria Dierkes Registered Guest

Jos N. Neel
    Thank you!

5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The Crafted with Pride logo was launched in July 1983 and appeared in clothing labels in 1984. It was designed to identify American made clothing to combat imports. The campaign was at its height into the early 90s and was a sponsor of the Miss America Pageant.
    Thank you!

6. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Hi @Alexandria Dierkes - This is an interesting label! Would you be able to provide more details and a full view image of the garment? Thank you!

7. Alexandria Dierkes

Alexandria Dierkes Registered Guest

Of course!
    Sorry for the delayed response. I found out the label says Jos N. Neel.
    Really cool information

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  8. Ranch Queen Vintage

Alexandria Dierkes likes this.
  9. poppysvintageclothing

From the 2010s, not vintage yet.

Added to the Label Resource 1/21/21
    Thank you!

10. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Richard Shops. We don't yet have an entry. Maybe I'll get around to properly resarching writing a bio one day! But in the meantime, here is wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Shops

from a 1980s summer dress

Added to the Label Resource 1/15/21
    Thanks, Ruth!

11. Ranch Queen Vintage

Thanks, Ruth! I'd also like to add the other Richard Shops label you posted in the Q&A forum. The one from the cute purple knit mini.
    Would that be okay?

12. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

yes of course. It's very similar to Impeys, and hers is less frayed. But take whatever you need.

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  13. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

I have an older Frederick Starke label that I found on a late 1940s skirt suit :)
    Added to the Label Resource 1/20/21
    Thank you, Tamzzyn!

14. poppysvintageclothing

From a Harvard Silk Grad Gown from 1923

Thank you!

Vintagiality likes this.
  15. Annabel Lee

Annabel Lee Registered Guest

Hello! Here is the label from a lovely 1960s Jean Cacharel blouse in my collection. I believe this was the first Cacharel label. ✨

Added to the Label Resource 1/24/21
    Thank you!

16. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

1950s plaid wool Montgomery Ward "western field" bird hunting jacket. It was my Dad's.

ADDED TO THE LR 1-27-21
    THANKS AMANDA!

liveshopdie likes this.
  17. Noble Vintage Clothier

Noble Vintage Clothier VFG Board Member

Wool felt fedora hat
    Elizabeth Hawes Original/Brewster -
    In 1940 Elizabeth Hawes teamed up with Brewster Hats (I'm assuming it was a licensing deal) to manufacture a collection of hats. I found several newspaper articles throughout the year of 1940 advertising the collection, which included a sketch of this label and sketches of some of the hats, I'm pretty certain this is a style named, "Badminton" which came in black or navy felt. (Mine is missing it's feathers and original ribbon). According to many of the advertisements, Hawes also travelled to various department stores throughout the year of 1940 to promote the collection.
    Noble Vintage Clothier

Retrieved for the Label Resource 1/29/21
    Thank you, Heather!

Attached Files:

18. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I am astonished to see an item with Elizabeth Hawes' name, and am pretty sure I will never have anything of hers in my hands. LOVE her!

19. Noble Vintage Clothier

Noble Vintage Clothier VFG Board Member

I actually found it at Brimfield. I didn't even look at the label when I grabbed it. I just loved the hat. It wasn't until I met up with my friends for lunch and our "show and tell", that I realized what I had. That was a few years ago. I couldn't find anything with that exact label online. It look me a little while to get down to properly researching it. ;)

20. arunava

arunava Registered Guest

20210130_224055.jpg 20210130_224146.jpg
    An Aquascutum flat cap and the label. Date not sure. Possible ?90s.
    Regards
    Arunava Chowdhury
    Bangladesh

Unable to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.