1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting etiquette...??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by pf1, Aug 28, 2004.

1. pf1

pf1 Registered Guest

Wanted to check to see what the general feeling is toward posting the same questions to different vintage boards. I posted to the VCA board this morning, and so far haven't gotten a response.

Is it still considered bad form (as it was in the early internet days) to post the same thing to different boards & forums..?

Thanks...
    Patsy

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Feel free to post any question you have here, whether you asked elsewhere or not. Many of the people on this board are either not ebay sellers (they could have websites, live stores, are collectors but don't selll), so do not frequent the VCA board, or they aren't over there very often. And if your question dropped to the second page, you might have inadvertently been overlooked

I think in the early days. there weren't as many boards around, so you were pretty much just asking the same people twice, and maybe that;s why people got annoyed in the old days. who knows.

we have a real strong community here and are not afraid to disagree with eachother about dates/aspects of a garment because we are all here to learn (and also admire). so you will get plenty of ooohing and ahhhing over clothes that are posted, but we really want to find out whatever we can for people, because it just adds to everyone's knowledge too. ..as who knows when someone else will come acrossed something similar...

i know a lot of times i am "weren't we just talking about this label...."

so, post away...

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Hi Patsy,

Post away! Agree with Chris that different sites have some of the same
    people perhaps, but also different people (my, doesn't that sound like
    a brilliant statement! :) )

I very rarely even lurk now on VC&A, more because of a time element than anything else and I believe a lot of the members here are the same.

I also know that some members here do post on VC&A, and also post on other
    sites, so ......no problem! You never know who may see your query that has the 'bang-on' answer!

Sue

4. Hi Patsy. You just post away anywhere you choose. Missed you a lot and all your knowledge. (especially scarves, and etc.....):)

5. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I agree. Actually, I think it's really good to post in different forums just to get different perspectives.

Some days the VC&A moves so fast than it is easy for a question to go unanswered.

Lizzie