1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prince clutch bag - Dating and anything on the brand itself

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Sylvia Alexa, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Sylvia Alexa

Sylvia Alexa Registered Guest

Hi all! I've recently acquired this beauty from my grandmother who unfortunately cannot tell me anything about the brand, the date etc.. Absolutely am in love with it! I've searched google for the brand 'Prince' and after hours of scrolling through all sorts of bits and pieces about Prince William, I finally admitted defeat and came across this lovely website. I'm hoping someone here can tell me more about the brand and help with dating it. Many thanks! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks quite good quality and came with a small mirror with this emblem on the back of it.

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Hi Sylvia,
    Your second photo is not working, can you try to fix this?
    It looks 1980's to me, does the bag lining say Prince or Price? (apologies, this might be on the missing photo) as mirrors are very transferable things and may not have originally come with the bag.
    I could only find trademark records of a sportswear and ahem ladies lingerie brands called Prince, neither of which appear to be the same brand as your bag.

3. Sylvia Alexa

Sylvia Alexa Registered Guest

The second picture is indeed a photo of the bag lining and it says 'Prince'. The photo is viewable for me though so I don't know how I can fix it.

I have found only one link that appears to feature a bag from 'Prince' but it was not very informative and the photo wasn't clear: http://vintagecouturemuseum.com/sho...id=177&zenid=af5e12ae28021a3b0db93f8bde706afb

Thanks so much for the reply! It does look quite 80s doesn't it? Hoping someone knows something of this brand :)

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

It's showing now - perhaps it just needed some time to load :) I've never seen a mirror shaped like that in a handbag - it looks more like a makeup/dressing mirror, but is pocket sized so makes sense where it is I suppose. They are normally matching colour or fabric though. Perhaps it was just a freebie with the purchase of the bag.
    That probably is the same bag company - wow you'd think you'd get more than one distant photo for $200...

Sylvia Alexa likes this.
  5. ZakZai

ZakZai Registered Guest

20170719_163425.jpg 20170719_163425.jpg Hi Sylvia,
    I chanced on your post and this website as I was searching for the title Prince handbag. I have the same handbag although a slightly different design. I had it as part of my wedding trousseau in 1989. My sister had one too for her wedding. Mine is still in excellent condition and I still use it occasionally to wedding dinners and functions as it is so classy. Like you I have been googling the Internet to buy more Prince bags but can't find any. I absolutely love this bag and intend to pass it down to my daughter when she marries. I hope you are able to find my post after 4 years you posted yours. Meanwhile enjoy using your bag...

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  6. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

Wow! Amazing, guys! I was about to say 1980s but this totally blew my information out of the water.