1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about a vintage thrift find

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jeska Roelofs, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Jeska Roelofs

Jeska Roelofs Registered Guest

Hi all ! I need some help. I often thrift (I'm from South Africa so the brands might be unfamiliar to the UK/US) and today I found a flannel button up that looks quite vintage and the label seems vintage as well (see image attached) - I'm trying to figure out from which year it's from .. On the label it says "REQ C1975" - what does this mean ? Does it mean it was produced in 1975 ? Thanks !!!

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, garments rarely come with a date on it (unless it's haute couture or custom made items), so I would honestly not put too much weight on that number :). Can you please post photos of the whole garment, front and back, so that we can see it's shape? Also, what does it say on that white label that's hidden under the other label? This all will hopefully help with dating.

MagsRags likes this.
  3. Jeska Roelofs

Hi ! Thanks for responding. Please see images below :)
    And that white label beneath the other label is washing instructions. IMG_20210928_173825.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Hi,

Hmmm, a close photo of the label and washing instructions and a photo/s of it hanging not laying flat would be good.:)

5. Jeska Roelofs

Hi Avanto ! Please see the images attached :)

Attached Files:

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thank you. The "do not tumble dry" might be a clue I think. From when on did tumble drying get a mention on care labels? The info I noted for myself was that in Europe it was mid-80s.

7. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I think the shape of the jacket with the tumble dry instructions would lead me to believe late 80’s.

8. Jeska Roelofs

Thank you !