1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about lucite shoes!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Beehive Vintage Goods, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Visited a gal last night that has the cutest lucite shoes!! On one pair, the flexible plastic upper is starting to yellow. Is there anything you can do to restore it back to clear??? Also any other lucite shoe care would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

2. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

I don't think there's any way to clear up the yellowing once it happens. To clean and polish lucite, I use Novus Plastic Polish #2 to buff out minor dings and clouding and Novus Plastic Cleaner Spray to clean and shine. (Make sure you get the Polish #2 as the other polish is much grittier and too tough for vintage lucite.) You can usually buy it at places that sell acrylic signage and stuff and it's also readily available on the Internet.

3. Thanks - I will pass that info along.

I bought a couple lucite pairs from her...which are just darling. Good news for girls from the small foot club (sz. 6), which of course I am not a member of!!!

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

small club foot?!?! lol