question on Chanel 99P label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by !Lily@, Feb 27, 2016.

1. !Lily@

!Lily@ Guest

Hello everyone,

I read that before 2000, Chanel used to have their RTW clothes labelled ''Chanel Boutique''.

Could you please have a look at the attached label? It says the item is of 1999 collection. However, it does not say ''Boutique''.

How come? Would that be some specific line of clothes? I would expect such label of the items dated 2000 and later.

Thank you all! :)

s-l1600.jpg

2. I cannot answer your question directly, I can only say that there are RTW labels in our label resource from the 80s
    that are RTW without "Boutique" such as yours:

http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/chanel/

Perhaps someone will come along who knows if there is a difference between "Chanel" rtw and "Chanel Boutique" rtw.

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Deborah, I don't think so. In fact, It's possible that Boutique was dropped earlier.
    This label is a rtw label.

If the garment doesn't have the label that indicates the season as this label does, the date is based on current trends of the period. Rarely do designs change so radically from one year to another that you can be exact with the year.

I submitted several of the Boutique labels. Some were based on the labels and others were estimated by my assistant. She was good, but not perfect.

Claire