1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I am sending this out to another group, but I thought it was appropriate for here as well.

Two sisters, Bonnie Phillips, a doll maker, and Bernice Foster, a published quilt maker, (both of Redlands, Ca.) created this quilt using more than 3,000 clothing labels that Phillips started to collect when she was 15. It took them more than a year and one-half to finish the five row, 25 block quilt.

RDF-L-LABELQUILT-112-16x9-1-1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Wonderful! I recently posted about what to do with a bag of vintage labels I came across and this is a great example of what I was talking about them being used for. One could spend hours perusing that quilt!

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

By the way i forgot who wanted those labels I have, they were offered free with only shipping paid. I cannot find the post?

5. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

It was me and I still would like them if you want to part with them. I had figured you had decided to keep them

6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I so hope these were not collected directly from the garments. nervous emoti

MagsRags likes this.
  7. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Just wanted to share the labels Barbara sent me. I love them. Still trying to figure out how to frame or display them but thought you may enjoy them.
    67A24F58-4D5C-4A39-9353-6036DE8E22BC.jpeg

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

9. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Any interesting novelty labels? (she asks hopefully)