1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rockabilly Workshop (Part II) Kustom Kulture

Discussion in 'Rockabilly 2005' started by www.VintageGrace.com, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Hi Pauline!

Thanks for posting the photos!!

I love that jacket! I think it is very Rockabilly. While I don't know that any respectable Hotrodder would be caught dead not wearing his own club's jacket at VLV - after all this is the time for them to show loyalty to their hotrod club - I think your average non-club member would love your jacket!

Your guayabera is another RAB favorite. In fact, I will be talking about the guayaberas in tomorrow's workshop! PS - The Guayabera: it's not just for weddings anymore....

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Thank you Maureen then I will be listing the jacket on ebay this week and the guayabera is already on the mall. I have another guayabera I will try to get listed on ebay soon.

3. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

What the heck is a guayabera? :question:

Guess I'll be in suspense until tomorrow! Oh the strain!

Deb

4. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

Again, great job Maureen! Kustom Kulture, in my opinion, is the marriage of 50's style customization of cars and other vehicles with the edge of punk and all things "sin". Flames, cherries, leopard, denim, tatoos, vitnage, new or DIY, would fall under this category. many folks that go to VLV are heavily into this type of fashion and culture. <A HREF="http://www.lucky13apparel.com">Lucky 13</A> is the perfect example of a clothing company making a killing from this sub-culture.
    sandra