1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Francisco Vintage Fashion Expo Mar 19 & 20

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by www.VintageGrace.com, Mar 12, 2005.

1. San Francisco Vintage Fashion Expo
    Saturday and Sunday, March 19-20
    Masonic Auditorium
    1111 California Street atop Nob Hill

HOURS: 10:30 am to 6 pm Saturday, 11 am to 5 pm Sunday. Admission is $10. An Early Buying session runs from 9 to 10:30 am on Saturday and carries a $20 admission. Free Sunday return for all admissions.

Vintage Fashion Expo Features Nation’s Top Dealers
    March 19 and 20 in San Francisco

The cream of the West’s private dealers of rare and important vintage clothing and accessories will bring their Puccis and Guccis to the 2005 Vintage Fashion Expo at the Masonic Auditorium in San Francisco on March 19 and 20.

More than 65 prestigious dealers of clothing, accessories and textiles of all periods, styles and prices will exhibit at the Expo this March. Fashion editors, costume designers and collectors will find this season’s lucite accessories, preppy stripes, soft flowered print dresses, and neo-Goth looks, along with the quintessential Hollywood period styles popularized by Martin Scorcese’s new bio-pic about Howard Hughes at the Expo.

The Santa Ana-based Allyn Scura Eyewear booth has been a prime destination for Expo shoppers for the last four years (Scura exhibits at both the San Francisco and Santa Monica Expos). This year, Scura highlights include collectible 18th century Chinese spectacles and a pair of 1970s French couture butterfly frames. “But we are less about collectibility and more about usability,” Scura partner Scott Iseyama explains. “Most of our customers buy the old frames and replace the lenses with their own prescriptions.”

Marian Wilson, of Marion’s Vintage Vanities Clothing in Jerome, Idaho, says that the Expo “makes me feel like I’ve died and gone to vintage heaven.” Wilson, who has been exhibiting at the Expo since the 1980s, calls her merchandise “an eclectic mix of wearable clothing” for women and men. For the March show, the mix includes a 1930s French evening dress ($350) and a heavily draped, fitted 1950s “Marilyn Monroe-style” dress ($175).

For more information about the Vintage Expo call 707-793-0773
    ... or access www.vintageexpo.com

More Vintage Expo dates for 2005:

April 30-May 1 Santa Monica
    Sept 17-18 San Francisco
    Oct 22-23 Santa Monica

[align=center]:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:[/align]

2. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Wish I could go to this but I'm over 6000 miles away!! I've always wanted to go to this show too.

So I'm going to give a shameless plug for my friend Melanie who owns <a href="http://www.laceembrace.com">Lace Embrace Atelier</a> who will be exhibiting there.
    If you are looking for a proper corset to wear with your vintage outfit, then visit Melanie!
    She makes all my historical re-enactment corsets but she can make ANY style of corset though from pre 1800 stays, Victorian corsets to 50's girdles- she can do it and they look just like the originals.
    Even if you aren't in a market for a corset, then just pop in and say"hi" and enjoy seeing the corsets :)

Lei

3. Darn...a bit too soon for me. Won't be in SF til May 1st.

Sounds like loads of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Did anyone go to the vintage show then? How was it?

Lei

5. I wanted to so - really badly... but we had an event scheduled at work that I was required to attend. Naturally, it was cancelled at the last moment due to rain but by then it was too late for me to make plans to go to SF for the weekend!! :mad: I was crushed, but there is another on in SF in September so I am making plans NOW to go!!

~M