1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking info about unlabeled, Dior-watermarked garment...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by notyourordinarygrrl, May 25, 2019.

1. notyourordinarygrrl

notyourordinarygrrl Registered Guest

Hello Everyone!

I discovered this item a few days ago, and I'd greatly appreciate any information any of you may be able to offer as to its era (70's, perhaps?) as well as whether or not it could be a couture
    garment?

It's a lovely, Chinese-style jacket (?) composed of pale, peach silk and featuring a dramatic, dark orange, floral print outlined in black. The knot-and-loop closures are decorative, as there are several small, metal, snap buttons securing the opening and a zipper on the left side.

Unfortunately, there are no labels present on the inside. But , the entirety of the peach silk fabric is watermarked with the "CD Christian Dior" logo amid an Art Nouveau floral pattern (Please see photos). I attempted to do some research, but was unable to find a single mention of a Dior garment that's similarly watermarked all over.

Thank you very much!

Attached Files: