1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling offline

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by SeasideStudio, Oct 7, 2010.

1. SeasideStudio

SeasideStudio Registered Guest

What venues have worked for you in selling your vintage jewelry or clothes.
    I sell vintage jewelry. Church and holiday fairs seem to only want crafters not
    resellers. I not able to do home parties. Thanks.

2. vintagediva

vintagediva Alumni

I have had good luck selling my vintage clothing at an antique mall. My booth is decorated like a ladies bedroom without the bed.

I also sell vintage jewelry in another booth in the same mall and I have decorated as a vintage jewelry store.

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Check antique and collectible shows. Sometimes downtown areas have art festivals etc and that setting sometimes works. Also, visit local flea markets and antique fairs to check them out. Sometimes, in some historic districts, the flea market is more upscale and features art, vintage goods, locally made stuff, etc, and vintage fits right in, but then in some areas, the flea market is selling dollar store cast offs and tape. Also, don't neglect fashion-oriented events as its a different crowd than the folks at antique fairs, especially if most of your stuff is post 1960s or post 1950s.

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I've done lots of the kind of upscale flea-markets or jumble sales Patentleathershoes describes, here in London. They're are loads here, and it's often a very cool and trendy young crowd, and they have DJs playing, and a bar, and things like that. Also arty events that have markets attached.

I generally sell the cheaper and later things, not big ticket rarer items, at such events. They've been variable in how successful they were for me, but usually the pitch is so cheap at this kind of thing, compared to a high-end vintage fair, that's it's no great risk trying them out - I've certainly never made a loss, and sometimes a reasonable profit. And they're fun!