1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling your vintage

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by acceber, May 16, 2021.

1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Don't get me started on the free delivery from UK to the USA otherwise you are invisible fiasco.

NylonNostalgia likes this.
  2. BTW, I never got my $70.00s back from zibbet. Guaranteed if you closed before such a date.
    I finally gave up requesting it.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I hate Etsy's free shipping policy thing too. I sell 80 or 90% international - Switzerland isn't exactly a very big market to sell to :). I do free shipping domestically on the lightest two shipping categories, so I have some "free shipping" on offer, and that's just a letter, I can swallow that if need be - mostly. I had it on for the next shipping category too, but I've been getting more and multiple sales here in Switzerland just recently, so I had to change that - when it's two patterns that are together over 100 grams, then it gets too much.

4. NylonNostalgia

NylonNostalgia VFG Member

Etsy Sales Prevention Department's ridiculous "give them free delivery or we'll bump you to the bottom of the search results" farce was the final straw that pushed me into having my own independent website shop. It has taken me just over a year of really hard work to get that shop selling the way I wanted it to, but the good thing is that Etsy can't get me anymore with their stupid loony ideas. I am still keeping my two Etsy shops going of course, but my indie shop is my safety net if Etsy ever decide they are going to totally lose the plot.