1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shall I keep it?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by crinolinegirl, May 17, 2006.

1. Roxy De La Lune

Roxy De La Lune Registered Guest

Hi:) It did go well, but we veered away from the pattern a bit.

It turned out nice, but doesn't look like the one on the pattern envelope!

Still, for a very first attempt I had to be proud:smug:

The pattern is from 1972 (I've attached a scan below).

I've now explained to my tutor that I wish to make my current and future projects as authentic as possible.

My fave era is the 1970's, and as I find it hard to get original clothes that fit me properly I think the way forward is definitely to make my own!

It's the bust that's the problem! Not that I am complaining!

I just wonder how the 'Carry On' film girls and Page 3 girls of the 70's managed to get clothes that fit on the bust but also on the waist and hips?:puzzled:

2. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

"Is it me or does anyone else here like shopping from their stock?"

LOL, Lei! I just sold a dress that I had my eye on to keep, but I needed to lose 5 or 10 pounds for it to fit right, and somebody purchased it before I could. Yes, I love to shop from my stock, and am using some pieces right now as incentive to keep losing weight so that I can keep them instead of selling--and they are NOT listed.....

And, yes, you must keep the black dress--it is meant for you. Both dresses are grand, and the shoes are just right, too!

3. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

lei, Im a little shy to say...6.5 uk, 9.5 US:BAGUSE:

4. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

LOL, nothing to be shy about Kelly, at least your feet aren't as big as my hooves!! There, I saved you some money as those beige shoes are a UK 8/US 10 WIDE :P

Lei

5. "shop my stock" ......... boy did I when I was a size 12!!!! I think that was sometime in this lifetime as I remember! LOL. Besides memory losses, senior moments and "computer spread".... the years aren't kind to us matrons of fashion!

Hey....... :eureka: I think I could start a new club like the Red Hatters.....

Matrons of Fashion! :kiss2:

6. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Barbara, count me in as one of your "Matrons of Fashion".... Though it seems as if I was a size 12 just a short time ago, I can hardly remember. The memory is getting foggier & foggier, or is it my brain?

Rather than "Fashionistas," we can be "Fashion-O-Stas," which is when we are "O"ver the hill and our figures will not "sta"y put where they belong....