1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipping a vintage peignoir set

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by QuelleSurpriseVtg, Sep 27, 2021.

1. QuelleSurpriseVtg

QuelleSurpriseVtg VFG Member

I have this amazing Jonquil peignoir set with a huge amount of pleating on the back of both pieces, and also on the sleeves. How do you all ship something like this?? I have no clue how to fold it to avoid ruining the pleats. Any suggestions?
    IMG_9433_clipped.jpeg

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

I purchase a roll of dress covers to help pack all hanging garments. And, be sure to find a box large enough so that it doesn't get crushed, like, even though it might fit into a flat rate padded envelope? it's better to pack it in to a box that doesn't crush it.

having said that, typically it only takes anywhere from 3 days to a week for most shipments, sometimes longer if it's going internationally. but, for most garments the packing wrinkles will fall right out if hung up immediately upon arrival. but again, don't crush it, don't squash it into an envelope or box that is definitely too small for it. :)

3. QuelleSurpriseVtg

QuelleSurpriseVtg VFG Member

That's a great idea, thanks! It would never fit in a flat rate envelope! I don't think the shoulder pads alone would. :-D

4. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

When packing a pleated item consider basting the pleats closed. Use soft white cotton thread--embroidery thread would be great!