1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoe auction for the record books

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Another Time Antiques, Aug 23, 2004.

1. I'm just in total amazement on this one! Slightly OT as this is an auction (not mine) for a line of shoe collectible figurines......
    NO description....... No photographs..... a LOT sale with minimal words to say what is being sold -- and it got the opening bid @ $180 value US!!.

Shoe Auction

I guess what really flabbergasts me here ...... is I just finished working on photos, writeups, etc etc as per usual for an ebay auction. Make the stuff look as good as I can.... write as much as I know....

Gosh ...... hope someone bids ....
    and if not ..... maybe this is a great new marketing approach - don't tell 'em anything or show 'em anything!!! Sometimes it is soooooo hard to understand shoppers.

oh well..... just venting a little....back in my corner now!

2. Barb, the first auction I ever did way way back, I had no pictures. It was for an antique china plate. Sold it first time!

Yes, this does amaze me. Sometime the unknown gains attention and I know they are hoping for a good deal.

Now I will go back and continue my cropping, sizing, measuring, writing, etc. so that I may get a bid!!

3. personalshopper

personalshopper Registered Guest

Oh my. I really do need some right handed shoes. LOL.

:D

Kathleen

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

5. marlyandmorry

marlyandmorry Registered Guest

Well that is certainly a DIFFERENT approach to setting up an auction template....

Question and answer???Who would have thought.....

Here is a shoe lot and below is question and answer period so you can find out all you need to know? And no pics?Yikes!!!!

Nanc