1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoe date help needed please!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by bluevelvetvintage, Oct 13, 2004.

1. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

Can someone please help with dating these three pair of shoes? I'm guessing 50s on the green ones, but not sure on the others.

Thanks a bunch.
    Theresa

Blue Velvet Vintage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

nice shoes - first half of the 50s on the first two is my guess, and later 50s on the third.
    Hollis

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

mid 50s on the black sandals, early 50s on the brown gators, and late 40s on the suede with the flower on the vamp. The style of the suede pair could go into the early 50s, but the large flower on the vamp is more of a 40s features, throat ornaments and vamp decorations shrink in size in the 50s.

4. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

Appreciate the info. I always think of 40s shoes as having platforms, but I guess that isn't necessarily so!

Theresa

Blue Velvet Vintage

5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The platform is an option, not the only style around at the time but platforms are also on the market until 1953, so its not just a 40s style.

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

And that's why Jonathan is The Shoe Master Extraordinaire!

Hollis