1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoe Dating-Avant Premiere-Made in Italy

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by bluevelvetvintage, Sep 24, 2021.

1. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

I've had these cute t-strap heels for a while and am wondering if anyone has heard of Avant Premiere brand and when they may date to? They're definitely post 70s, but not sure if 90s, 2000s. sh2015v1-T-strap-suede-heels.jpg sh2015v2-T-strap-suede-heels.jpg

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I think they may only be about 10 years old. At first I thought they might be 70s because of the colours, suede, T-strap, and toe shape, but the heel isn't quite right, and the silver buckle with brown suede is odd for the 70s - it should be brass. A profile shot of the heels and a shot of the label would help confirm one way or the other.

3. bluevelvetvintage

Yes, they do have a 70s vibe. But I'm sure they're newer. Just trying to pinpoint how much newer. I've seen a few shoes on line with the AP Avant Premiere label, but none that included dating. Perhaps because they are only a few years old.

sh2015v3-T-strap-suede-heels.jpg sh2015v4-T-strap-suede-heels.jpg

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I think these are 10 years at the oldest. VERY cute!

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

They're cute, but I agree not 70s :). Avant Première was sold (and maybe still is sold) at the Manor department store chain here in Switzerland - at one point I actually thought that it was kind their own brand becaus they had it in clothes, accessories and more, but I'm not sure. I didn't see this brand at any other store here, maybe they had some special deal with them. Manor is a proper department store that has everything, and they sit sort of on the mid to slightly higher level, but not aspiring to designer brands etc. Their own brand cashmere range used to have a reputation for the best value for money cashmere you could get here. It wasn't super expensive, but for that you got good quality. The store here in Zurich on Bahnhofstrasse closed last year after decades, because the owners of the building went crazy with the rent and now they want to put in all boutiques and offices. Probably more watch boutiques for tourists :BAGUSE::rolleyes:.
    Since I don't really buy new-new clothes anymore, I didn't shop there anymore for clothes or shoes for several years (they were good though for travel accessories, haberdashery stuff and the like!). I had a pair of Avant-Première boots that I bought at Manor in 2002 and wore out during my winter in Montreal in 2005. They were all right, not H&M-plastic-shoes-cheap but also also not super high quality.
    I had a pair of retro-looking dark brown t-straps with rounded toe cap around the same time (by a different brand though), but mine had a Cuban heel, not the shape of yours.

6. bluevelvetvintage

Thanks for all that info. I had a feeling they may be newish. They are in really nice condition and super cute but I can't wear heels that high or I'd keep them. Guess I'll have to give them away. They're a size 7 if anyone is interested.

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member