1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silk pants - description suggestions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Eliezer Vintage, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Eliezer Vintage

Eliezer Vintage Registered Guest

Hello all!

I found a beautiful pair of silk pants. The waist dips a bit in the front, and I’m just not sure how to properly describe this style in my etsy listing. Any suggestions are appreciated! My research on the brand gives me 1980s, but is the style inspired by another era? Any help would be wonderful! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Don’t know if there is a technical term but I call them MC Hammer pants. This pair looks newer than 80s to me especially with the Made in China on the label.

Looks like the trademark was filed in 1987 and abandoned shortly after so maybe they are late 80s/ early 90s

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Eliezer Vintage likes this.
  3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Was also going to say hammer pants! I think you can also use hip hop.

Baggy pants, tapered leg and pleated front are more technical descriptions.

5. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Love that little detail in the waist, those subtle differences are what makes a garment stand out for me, good luck with them, they are lovely! Maybe just say something like 'dip waist detailing' in the description.

6. Eliezer Vintage

Eliezer Vintage Registered Guest

Dip waist detailing - I’m going to use that! Thank you all for your help!