1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silk scarf designer, county of origin?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by shopper.library, Oct 13, 2021.

1. shopper.library

shopper.library Registered Guest

Can you help me with any information about this silk scarf? It is 33" sq (84 cm) and weighs 33gm. It has been pressed, but the hand rolled hem is still "plump" leading me to believe the owner handled it with care. Donated with a collection of vintage furs, other signed silk scarves and Victorian jewelry.
    Are the colors or design similar to a designer you've seen?
    Thank you for your help, V
    20211013_123609.jpg 20211013_123559 (2).jpg 20211013_123625.jpg

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

What a wonderfully detailed print! You're correct in thinking that the lack of pressing on the hand-rolled hem is a good sign of careful treatment. However, I can't help with the designer. I have seen Nina Ricci trompe l'oeil printed scarves but they are signed and not very similar to this. In what country do you live? That might help with the origin of the scarf.

3. shopper.library

shopper.library Registered Guest

Thank you. I'm in Arizona in the United States. Many of the items from this donor appeared to be European. Other scarves were Hermes, Herrera, Dior and Ralph Lauren - all likely vintage. V