1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simpsons Olive Wool 2-piece Suit

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mad Catter, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Mad Catter

Mad Catter Registered Guest

Can anyone help me date this by the label or style? Not sure what kind of fur the collar is but it's only tacked on and the collar underneath is in good condition. I can see the remains of another label in the side seem that looks to be the same size as other union labels but it could have been a care label too, nothing really left of it to help me there.

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. I think earlish 60s and the fur is possibly fox. A close up of the collar may help.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I agree with early '60's - no idea about the fur.

5. Mad Catter

Thanks you very much, Deborah and Linn!
    It's finally cold enough to wear. Yea!

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Simpsons was a Canadian department store founded in Toronto in 1872. It was a high end department store but in 1978 the Hudson Bay Company acquired Simpsons. The Toronto flagship store retained the Simpsons name, and featured store within the store designer boutiques until it was merged with HBC in 1991.

7. Mad Catter

That makes sense since I live so close to Toronto and there's quite a few Simpsons items I have yet to photograph. Some of the men's suits are from Toronto as well.
    Thank you!