Sneakers- 70s? 80s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by maltby, May 8, 2016.

1. maltby

maltby Registered Guest

I know literally nothing about shoes but thought these were fun. I assume these are 70s or 80s? Does anyone have any other hints? Thanks! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in vintage land :) image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

They look a lot newer than that to me. The material content detailing, country of manufacture and label style suggest modern to me. I am not sure they are old enough to be vintage (20 years or older generally). The foam wedge sole and metallic finish leather are both features I had on some fashion trainers around the early 2000s. I think these would date sometime between then and now. They are post - the all white trainer phase of the 90s, don't seem to fit in with the 'Brand' phase that followed in the early 2000s, and they definetly have a retro 70s/80s look to them so I am thinking in the last 10 years. Apologies this where my knowledge of trainer styles ends, not having purchased a pair since the ones mentioned above!

3. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

4. maltby

maltby Registered Guest

Great thanks everyone!!

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree - they are not yet vintage, but they have a kind of retro style. I've had new Onitsukas myself a few years ago, but unfortunately I don't have them anymore to show for comparison. Thailand as a manufacturing country is in my opinion also something that points to them being newer.

6. Cinderellie74

Cinderellie74 Registered Guest

Sorry I have no clue on the age but they do look pretty retro and cool.