1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Something Elsie"?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by ifoundthisdress, Sep 30, 2010.

1. ifoundthisdress

ifoundthisdress Registered Guest

\"Something Elsie\"?

Hi friends.

I've found a beautiful peach colored lace blouse with a tag labeled "Something Elsie".
    This blouse looks really new so it could be a vintage recreation but I cannot find any information about the label online anywhere. The tag also looks old, but it could be a new design to LOOK vintage...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Alexa

2. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

lol! adorable name. never heard of it before, but there are a zillion manufacturers - past and present.

we're not really going to be able to tell you anything without photos, including a shot of the label.

3. Avalonia

Avalonia Registered Guest

Back in the mid 80's I bought a "Something Elsie" blouse at Eatons and it was my favorite blouse. It is all but worn out, and a little small so I can't wear it, but I cannot bring myself to get rid of it. The fabric is a winter white polyester and the styling is so lovely, with classic top stitching. Even the tag is beautiful. I have never seen anything by that company again.

Val

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

A 1991 article commented about someone that they were once part of "Something Elsie, a now-defunct blouse division of Manhattan Industries."

5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Every ad I saw for Something Elsie blouses was from the 1980s.