1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaking of Pauline Trigere ...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by ellenm, Apr 29, 2004.

1. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

[​IMG]<br>

[​IMG]

Does this dress look like 80s to you? I think it is silk and lined with silk, though it may be polyester. There is no fabric label.

2. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

That is a beauty of a dress! Love prints against black backgrounds. I'm going to guess 70's. Does it have shoulder pads? It doesn't look it from the picture. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along!

Theresa

Blue Velvet Vintage

3. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

Yes, it does have sizable shoulder pads, unfortunately.

4. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Yes, it looks 80s, but I just love it, and I'm usually not an 80s fan. Is the belt appliqued? It's one of my favorite 80s Trigeres ever!

Lizzie

5. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

Yes, Lizzie, the belt is appliqued on velvet on one side and the silk fabric is on the other side. It's reversible. I'm glad you like it. It's on ebay right now in a lot with two other dresses--cheap! The sleeves have a zipper on at the cuff, very nice touch. I studied it again and the fabric is definitely silk, inside and out.