1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPOTLIGHT ON VINTAGE: VINTAGE COLLECTIONS – WHAT DO YOU COLLECT?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Linn, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I love that one too - though my favourite is L'Heure Bleue - another classic!

Linn, I love ceiling fans! That's what I love about hotels in the South Pacific - no windows with glass, just the wood louvres, and ceiling fans. No A/C needed!

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

We definitely need glass here for security - and warmth. (And screens to keep insects out.) It's rarely "cold" here but when the temperature dips into the 50s which it has, it feels pretty cold with no insulation and no heat.

I'm not complaining - overall the climate here is lovely
    ! island emoti

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  3. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Fun to see this thread again. I collect haphazardly. Here's one of several shelving units in my living room. Down on the bottom are two pieces of hardware from Howard Hugh's spruce goose!

DSCF0001.JPG

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Thank you for sharing some of your collection, Amanda. I'd love to hear the story about the how you acquired two pieces of hardware from the Spruce Goose!