1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

style guild

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by missyg, Nov 5, 2014.

1. missyg

missyg Registered Guest

am just trying to find out information on this costume jewelry that I bought from a estate sale a long time ago, The name inside the box is "style Guild" but I have had no luck doing a search online. Would just like to know the age and maker?

Attached Files:

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I'm not familiar with name Style Guild but I have a very simlilar necklace and similar earrings, too - although mine is not a set. Your set is from the 1950's. This style or type of rhinestone jewelry is sometimes called "Prom Jewelry." Style Guild may not be the maker but rather the name of the company that purchased the set from the manufacturer or their rep.

I have to run out but I'll see if I can find a picture of my necklace and some information on the brand.

Linn

3. missyg

missyg Registered Guest

Thank you so much Linn!

4. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

Style Guild is the name of the company jeweler. 'Style Guild Inc.' an ad from 1952 states "This set of Style Guild Jewelry is unconditionally guaranteed for one year. If for any reason this set becomes dam- aged Style Guild Inc. will repair or replace "

Google search ---> "Style Guild inc" jewelry
    you'll find a few more advertisments for them.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  5. missyg

missyg Registered Guest

thank you