1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Handbags

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Linn, May 16, 2009.

1. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I have a few more "summer" handbags that are NFS that I would like to share. The first is a C. 1940's Cordite purse with white and lucite frame and a fabric strap. This was hard to capture - details in the first photo and the lucite in the second!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Vintage Gucci. I think it's early '80's. Does anyone (Leigh) know the serial # code for Gucci? This is Serial #000 39 0030

[​IMG]

Not quite vintage - a fun colored Lulu Guiness. About 10 yrs. old:
    [​IMG]

Mary - I bought the Gucci at The Ultimate You when it was on Auahi St. across from Ward. Early '90's?

Linn

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Mary -

I got this while she was on Auahi Street on the Ewa side of Ward Avenue so it must have been earlier - or was that later? It was a very large space. I know the Gucci is authentic but back in the day I had several faux Chanels that had come from Korea through the airline girls. I didn't get them from Kelsey, though! The humidity was not kind to the metal or the leather on the faux bags - LOL.

Linn

3. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Linn--The Lulu is a fabulous shade of pink, and I LOVE that first one... Corde/Lucite purses are one of my current purse obsessions--the frame on yours is great, and the proportions, too!