1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspended mannequin?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by kittenteethvintage, Mar 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. kittenteethvintage

kittenteethvintage VFG Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to find a female torso (neck to thigh) mannequin that instead of being supported by a pole underneath, is suspended from a pole that connects to a link at the neck. I've seen them in a few other vintage reseller's images but I am having no luck searching for them. Is there a certain name for this type of mannequin, or does anyone know where to find them? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Search Vintage Wolfe Split Leg Dress Form Mannequin and you will locate some.

3. kittenteethvintage

kittenteethvintage VFG Member

Thanks for the help! Yes- those do look similar to the ones I've seen. A bit spendy though, did not realize they were a vintage style. Should have suspected... :)

If anyone knows of a modern/less pricey equivalent model that would be amazing!

Racked Vintage likes this.
  4. I have seen several in the new mannequin and display catalogs. Such as Store Supply etc

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I saw a few mannequins when some of the department stores (Bonton) were closing that were Gloria Vanderbilt suspended mannequins but those were waist to feet. I almost brought one home, but it came with a metal frame contraption that I didn't know if I would have room for. Hope you found what you were looking for

6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Chris? (am I even remembering your name right?)

peacock emoti

I'm so happy to see you!!

7. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Yes, that's me

8. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

YAY! Welcome back!