1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tea Gown question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mad Catter, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Mad Catter

Mad Catter Registered Guest

Hello,
    Just curious about the history of 'tea gowns'. I'm curious when they went out of use.
    Opinions? Links?
    Thanks for any info.

Attached Files:

2. I think a tea gown is a dress that was usually worn in the afternoons. Not sure when they went out of use though.

Your lovely gown is actually a dressing gown or lounging robe by Diamond Tea Gown, a Montreal manufacturer of women's lingerie that started in the 20s. They are now known as just Diamond Tea.

3. BTW - would it be possible to get an image of the label for our Label Resource? We don't have any from the 50s and this one would be a nice addition.

4. Mad Catter

Mad Catter Registered Guest

Thanks so much, Deborah. I will definitely get a good picture for the label resource. I'm in the process of trying to organize and date a whole rack (or 6! :-o ) of clothing and there's quite a few labels that I will add as I learn the dates.
    I looked through your resources and it seems a lot of the items I thought were late 60s or 70s may actually be 30s so it's still a huge learning curve, lol! The help is appreciated!

5. Pleasure :)

Look forward to seeing some of your other finds.