1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

These shoes!!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by AngieB, May 5, 2016.

1. AngieB

AngieB Registered Guest

1462492939606-303922893.jpg Hi!! Can anyone give me info on these cute shoes? Thank you!!! 1462492604037-854703754.jpg

2. Hi AngieB and welcome to the forums. Can you please show a photo of the underside (sole) and the side on, showing the heel shape. Thank you.

AngieB likes this.
  3. AngieB

AngieB Registered Guest

Hi!! Thank you for replying!! Here's some pics of the sole and side. :) 14625162414631489231562.jpg 1462516298860-1459313161.jpg

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Very cute mid-late 60s shoes, 1965-1968. Never heard of Suzi Christi but its probably a made-up name of a shoe line, not the designer's name. Shoe companies were doing that all the time in the 60s.

cmpollack and AngieB like this.
  5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Here is a bit of information about Suzi Christi shoes...
    SuziChristiBonMarcheTrademarkClip.jpg
    and from a 1966 ad, a pair of Suzi Christi shoes that resemble yours (at the bottom) and it seems there may have really been a Suzi Christi. Another 1966 ad said she was only 20 years old then...(please note this is for educational purposes only and must not be reproduced if/when you are selling the shoes)...
    SuziChristiShoes1966AdPhotoTwk.jpg

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  6. AngieB

AngieB Registered Guest

Thanks so much for the info!

7. Cinderellie74

Cinderellie74 Registered Guest

Those are cute shoes. I can totally see them as a shoe a girl from the 60's would wear.

AngieB likes this.
  8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I will bet she is just a model fronting the label - they wanted a mod young hip woman to sell the shoes and hired her to say she was Suzi Christi.

9. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

You could very well be correct, Jonathan, but I will throw in a bit more I found about her. From a 1966 ad:

"...Suzi Christi in person! Special appearance of Suzi Christi in our fashion show in our store...Save the date and meet this 20-year-old bubbly blonde from Copenhagen, Denmark, shoe designer for the Bon Marche. Discover what vivacious charm lurks behind-the-shoes! Her father is the largest exporter of shoes from Denmark to the United States, and it was (at) his factory that Suzi learned every phase of shoe manufacturing. But her special love is designing and she is here now to show you her latest creations..."

10. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

...and the text in the ad I posted above notes: "This is Suzi Christi; Here in person from Copenhagen, Denmark...One of the world's youngest shoe designers, Suzi has been creating exciting footwear for eight years, ever since she was twelve!"

And from one other 1966 ad (must have been a whirlwind tour): "Featured guest artist; Miss Suzi Christi; from Copenhagen, Denmark; one of Europe's most creative young designers of fashions and footwear..."

11. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Last post on Suzi...and perhaps she is real?

LINK to article about her.

AngieB and poppysvintageclothing like this.
  12. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I think that's possibly the fashion equivalent of the theatre director casting his daughter as Annie.

AngieB, cmpollack and lkranieri like this.
  13. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

14. AngieB

AngieB Registered Guest

Thank u so much for all the info!! You guys are great :)woohoobanannaemotibow down wave