1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about our Friends in Texas who have been devastated by Hurricane Harvey

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by BonniesVintageClothesLine, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Many of us have friends in Texas, I'm sure, who have been devastated by Hurricane Harvey. Here's hoping that they will be able to hold fast and recover from the horrific destruction and loss of life that many have experienced. I know I have been keeping them in my thoughts and prayers and thought it would be nice to post a thread here at VFG to remember them. We're with you, Houston.....stay strong.

2. What a nice post. I was wondering about our Texas members too. I know a lot do not post in the forums so we may not know.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2017
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I do hope our members in TX are safe after experiencing such a devastating event.

4. And, I was thinking we might have some of our Registered Guests (especially some of our Regular ones who often post) who might be caught in this nightmare. It sure is a mess and but for the grace of God, could be anyone of us who lives in Hurricane prone areas. I really feel for them. And, there's another one making off the coast of Africa.....they are the ones that really scare me. One of our bad ones came later in September.....Isabel, September 19th. The flood waters are so nasty. In Texas, they have had a lot of snakes in their flood water!!! Not good.

5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Is EaDo Vintage (Jennifer Rowland) a member? She sells on Etsy and lives in Houston and has a store there.

6. poppysvintageclothing

She is still a member here, Amanda. She has not posted on instagram for 4 days.

7. Hope Jennifer is all right.

8. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I wrote Jennifer a note, saying members of the VFG were concerned for her. Here is her reply:

[​IMG]
    Thank you for checking. My house and store are good as are my pets. No water. My mom flooded as did a friends house and another friends business. We will be busy for a while. No one was hurt so all is well for the most part.

9. poppysvintageclothing

10. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Thank you, Amanda. Good to know Jennifer is safe and also that her home and store were not flooded.

11. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

Thank you for doing this Amanda. I was thinking about Jennifer and wondering if she is okay.

12. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks! She has been posting again on IG by the way - probably her mum's house. Must have been under warter quite a bit.

13. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Many loved ones in Houston. 2 got some water in their home but ok.

Several extended family lost their homes basically. My prayers are with everyone.

14. Rachel Stinson

Rachel Stinson Registered Guest

So many people have been affected by hurricanes this season. First Hurricane Harvey then Hurricane Irma and the list went on.
    It warms my heart to see people supporting each other and praying for one another. Seeing this has restored my faith in humanity.
    I send my love and prayers to all who suffered and my appreciation to the ones who didn't leave their fellows alone in such a hard time.

15. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

There used to be a vintage store in Napa. I bought several items there.