1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tooled leather purse?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Sheila Dawson, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Sheila Dawson

Sheila Dawson Registered Guest

I'm not sure if this is a vintage item, or what it was used for when it was made. I looks like a purse when you hold the straps, but when it's opened it looks more like a type of carrier. The exterior is tooled leather with conchos on both sides. The interior is red ostrich embossed leather, and the pocket sides are black ostrich embossed leather. Not sure of it's use, and timeline. Thanks for any info

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

i wonder if it maybe is a "day-timer" carrier?

they gained enormous popularity in the late 70s and 80s, back when I was selling real estate, and it was a "must have" for business at that time, before cell phones and all their organizational capabilities.

anyway, some people had fancy covers for them, others just had the plain black zip cover. what are it's dimensions? here's a link to the Day-Timer facebook page, to give you an idea:

https://www.facebook.com/daytimer

4. I agree with a book holder. A devout person will often use something like this to hold their Bible.

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Friend of mine is an AVID reader. She uses one. Pulls it out when at the dentist or on the bus.

6. Sheila Dawson

Sheila Dawson Registered Guest

Oh yes, book holder seems the most likely use, thanks everyone