1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toronto Vintage Clothing Sale this weekend (update - results!)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Jonathan, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Always interesting to read what sells and what not. As a secondhand / vintage buyer for myself, I still find cool and affordable vintage in secondhand shops, but it is a bit of a hunt (but then I love the thrill of the hunt!). I do realise though that what for me is a good price for a quality, unique garment, is probably too much if you want to buy it for resale and make a reasonable markup and not alienate your buyers. Patterns etc. are still a bit different, I think it's a bit easier to acquire those at lower price especially if you buy larger lots.

If it's any consolation, pricing and price discussions are something I deal with daily at work... and we have products that are comparable 1 to 1, and it does hurt to see that actually sometimes our travel agents earn more on a file than we do - it's a fact...