1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to Find a Great DSLR

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Sky Ranch Vintage, Jun 22, 2010.

1. I'm looking to upgrade from my point and shoot to a DSLR :camera:. I've been doing some reasearch and some are better for certain types of photography than others. Do any of you out there have a DSLR that you LOVE and that works great for fashion photography? I am definitely NOT looking for top of the line so I need to keep it under $700, so no Cadilacs, lol!

I need one that photographs true to color, in low and bright light and with a great autofocus.

Thanks to all!!

2. boncly

boncly VFG Member

I adore my Nikon D-60. I have a telephoto lens but for my "fashion photography" I simply use the lens that came with it. It has a lot of really great features that I'm too busy to learn how to use, but there is a lot of potential there.

My DH gave it to me for Christmas a year ago, so I'm sure there's a newer model, but if you can find one now, you might get a really good price.

Regardless, I can't say enough good about it. Of course ... if I knew how to use all the bells and whistles I might have more to say. LOL

Diana

3. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

I was also going to recommend the Nikon. I have aD50 and I frequently get compliments on my photos (even though I am basically using it as a point and shoot--I'm sure I could do a lot more if I took the time to learn it).

Sue

4. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

Nikon D90 is awesome. But its the lenses that cost money. They sell a package deal which is not so bad.

-Chris