1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turquoise jewelry

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by emilyanneweber, Sep 26, 2019.

1. emilyanneweber

emilyanneweber Registered Guest

Wondering if anyone is any good at dating vintage sterling silver/turquoise jewelry? I'm struggling trying to find any information on dating! I know what to look for as far as handmade and sterling stamped jewelry but dating them seems to be tough. I do have photos of stuff but figure I'll ask if anyone can guide me in a direction of finding good info myself or if they'd like to help, I can share some photos :)

Any help?!

2. MaryLC

MaryLC Registered Guest

Have you tried some of the vintage jewelry ID/study pages on Facebook ? They are loaded with very knowledgeable folks who could probably help you. I've just started collecting vintage jewelry and I go there a lot ! Hope you find some help. :)

3. emilyanneweber

I haven't!! thanks so much for the tip! :)

4. Marzilli_Vintage

Marzilli_Vintage VFG Member

I'd be happy to look at some photos and offer whatever guidance I can.

emilyanneweber likes this.
  5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

You have come to one good place to get information. We have quite a few members who are extremely knowledgeable about vintage jewelry. Just post some photos and ask away.

6. emilyanneweber

1B8581C0-53E8-48A0-AFA0-757E6F42B36B.jpeg BCB9F32C-DE85-42F2-BF03-38BF5C7BCC9C.jpeg thanks so much guys! I got some vintage turquoise from an estate sale yesterday, two AMAZING parrot keychains that have spring backed beaks so the beak opens to allow your key rings in. so cool haha.

anyway - here’s some photos of some jewelry that I’m debating wether actually is vintage or not. I found a similar necklace online with the same exact clasp dated 1950’s but I’m not sure how to tell. the cuff has some cast looking parts so I’m not sure if that’s vintage, it and the ring look to have the same makers mark on them though.

Attached Files:

7. Marzilli_Vintage

These all look like Navajo jewelry from 1950 - 1980, most likely 1970's, though they could be made by non-Native Americans and properly referred to as Southwestern. If you can get a good close-up of the marks it's possible the maker could be identified or at least the Navajo/Southwestern question cleared up. It all looks like pretty good quality and I particularly like the necklace.

8. emilyanneweber

yes, I love the necklace! I’ve seen single strand beaded ones like it before but never with the bolo tip style cones at the clasp. I’m hoping it’s 1950’s and the others 1970’s, I got an insane Thunderbird Fashions 1950’s skirt and top set from the same sale so it makes me wonder what else she had that could be from the 50’s. she was very eclectic and apparently loved going to Mexico, Arizona and Hawaii

9. emilyanneweber

I did also look through a few pages of makers marks and wasn’t able to find any that matched sadly. it’s hard to make out exactly what it is even in person!

10. Marzilli_Vintage

Our members have seen lots of marks; if you'd care to post a close-up someone may recognize it. It can make a significant difference in value.

11. emilyanneweber

figured it out! the cuff and ring are Maisel's :)

Marzilli_Vintage likes this.