1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

United Hatters, Cap, and Millinery union label history gallery?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by yntdrum, Jun 9, 2011.

1. yntdrum

yntdrum Registered Guest

I was wondering if there was anywhere I can go to look at the United Hatters, Cap, and Millinery union labels and get an idea of when each label was used to get an idea of how old some hats I found are. I see the great resource for brand labels but what about union ones?

thanks!

2. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

I'm not aware of a hatter's union label history anywhere, but the VFG label resource does have an entry for the ILGWU which can help you date clothing by union label.

3. Dahlila

Dahlila Registered Guest

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. Dahlila, that link proved very helpful indeed! Thanks.

6. RobinLS

RobinLS Registered Guest

Union labels

I also had this same question. It gives a lot of information about the union but I am still not able to date my hat. LizaJane3, what were you able to ascertain from your research?
    Can anyone help me date this hat? Any info will be of help. Thanks!
    It is mad by Davidson's Millinery in Louisville,KY. I can not find definitive dates for the closing of this company. the Union Made label says United hatters Caps and Millinery Union. There is other info printed there too. I have pictures in photobucket that anyone could look at if they want. Just copy the link into your browser.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cherokeegnw/Vintage hat/

7. Here is your hat. It's easier for all if you can post photos here, rather than send us to an external site.

[​IMG]

Here are the labels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Further photos can be found at your link.

Nicole

8. RobinLS

RobinLS Registered Guest

Thank you!

Thank you for posting the pics for me. I was not sure how. I tried to add a file but it didn't work.