1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unknown label- Commes?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jenni2280, Sep 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jenni2280

Jenni2280 Registered Guest

Hello,

I have this vintage dress with this label pictured. It is from Japan but wondered if anyone knew if it is a Comme De Garçon label. I’m thinking it’s unlikely but worth investigating!
    Jenni

Attached Files:

2. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

I checked the VFG Label Resource. There is no label like this.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The dress is early 80s and looks nothing like what Comme de Garcon was turning out at that time.

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Wow, it is really hard to search for this label! There is every sort of variation on Comme des Garçons out there, so I googled Comme Japan label dress -des -Garcons -de -d' and still there are many labels from Japan with Comme in the name.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree, it looks very 80s, but a word of caution... some these Japanese labels are also very good at doing retro styles. Sometimes you really can't tell - I've had more than one item like that, and I have been to a second hand shop or two that were crammed full with those kinds of things. They also love foreign-sounding brand names and labels, and there are oodles of those around, so many labels/chains with their own boutiques in Japanese fashion malls and each one seems to have a very specific style.