1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

versace experts?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by daftnader, Mar 21, 2021.

1. daftnader

daftnader Registered Guest

Brought this a while back. I know a bit about this. Can anyone find a pic of this anywhere or any other info?

It is a vintage versace made by Ruffo. Check out he white label bearing all info of the jacket.

Ruffo have also confirmed that yes its an original and an absolute classic.

I believe that this was a catwalk piece or a salesman sample. Made in 1993. Butter soft leather. Even has a spare button in the pocket. It lives in the wardrobe and I have never worn it. It's mint condition.

Or has anyone else seen one of these for sale?

Many thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hmm... but would a catwalk piece or salesman sample have a "normal" care label? Unfortunately I can't read what's on the label, it's too light, but it looks like a regular care label.

3. daftnader

I explained to ruffo what was on the label. Clientele, model, item etc and they said it sounded like a sample label. Just going from what I have been told. I can definatly see where you are coming from though.

4. daftnader

A better pic of the label

Attached Files:

5. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I would agree with Karin that this label with care and other instructions suggests it was mass produced

6. daftnader

OK. Sounds do perfectly legit, cheers Karen and Victoria.

Here is the other side of the label btw

Attached Files:

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that looks like a regular care label on that side. That backside shows the material content, which is leather (pelle) on the outside and cupro lining.

Customer/order/model name above. You say you were in contact with Ruffo - were they able to identify these numbers? Did they say it could be a sample or a catwalk piece?

8. daftnader

I spoke to Ruffo and sent pictures. Ruffo seems to have closed for a period of time at some point and been relaunched. They authenticated it by the labels themselves as genuine but the model number I was told to go to versace and try and find it that way. Versace don't seem to respond, so that is the last i know of it.

Was thinking about getting rid of it but for what price. Decisions, decisions.

GemGem likes this.
  9. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

How certain are you of the dating? I would have put this in the 80's just because of the label size and lack of tumble dry symbol. Though it could be early 90's because of the styling and I'm not sure they may have kept the larger labels for leather items. In the 90's the label became smaller but i'm not certain of the date.