1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VERT OT: Blues legends

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Patentleathershoes, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

For all you Blues Lovers, my husband I went to see B.B.King last night.

I am just bringing him up, because there are not many of those blues legends that were around in the 50s, etc, that are around anymore. They are all either retired due to medical issue or extreme age or are dead (mostly dead). It was a "blues festival" with several other acts opening up. We saw him solo before, but this also included another Blues Legend, Dr. John, and a really fantastic young lady, Shanika Copeland who just really knocked the crowd out and we can't wait to hear more about.

If he is coming to your town...run..don't walk..to get tickets. He still has "got it" that is for sure. He is amazing to listen to and to watch. His band is also amazing with its horn section, etc. But even though he still sounds like he always did, his health is starting to catch up with him. He is 79 years old now, and his diabetes is really starting to affect him.

We have been going to see him for a few years now, and it is very apparent between when we saw him last 1 1/2 years ago and now, that his health is declining. He now has to be wheeled in a wheel chair when he is off stage as his knees are failing, and his diabetes is catching up to him and he is losing his vision too. He still does 280+ shows a year and will probably be performing until he can't move anymore....but since he is getting up there, don't put off going to one of his shows. Seeing him on tv is not the same thing.

So don't miss out, if you can help it. there are a lot of people i or my parents "almost went to see" and then they stopped touring or Except for Cher. She is on another farewell tour. and will likely be on one again soon.

2. I would love to see B.B. King. I bet he is fantastic. I love the blues.

Saw Ray Charles way way back (late 60s?) and he was great.

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

There is an official website with tour dates. If he is ever in a reasonable drive of you, I would definitely go. It's a must see for anyone who loves the blues or just music at all in general.

I would have loved to see Ray Charles

4. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

I would love to see B. B. King also Lucky you!

I loved Ray Charles. I want to go see the movie about his life. Jamie Fox has done a great job portraying him.