1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vicky Tiel / Yves St. Tropez

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Eliezer Vintage, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Eliezer Vintage

Eliezer Vintage Registered Guest

Hi vintage community! Just sourced an insane silk gown that I almost had a heart attack when I found it. It’s a dream! I’m familiar with Vicky Tiel but the Yves St. Tropez tag below it is throwing me off. Is anyone familiar with this line? Was it a store or did Vicky Tiel do a line for them? Looks very 1970s to me. Any help would be awesome! Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

morning-glorious likes this.
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Great find! Looks 70s to me, I would guess Yves St. Tropez to be the company that manufactured the garment and then exported. Just a guess.

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I am not familiar with the label but according to @morning-glorious listing
    The label Yves St. Tropez, “was a short lived but high-end luxury clothing label around 1981, that was clearly going for some of Yves St Laurent's customers.”

morning-glorious likes this.
  5. Vintagiality

That said I did find a 1977 mention of the label
    DDD591D7-018B-4BC8-B4BF-39A486C477FE.jpeg F9B4795D-B434-4DA1-A688-4D494C4599B1.png F33534C4-FB7B-4DCA-8721-E90E15F07880.png

morning-glorious and GemGem like this.
  6. Vintagiality

As well as a 1975 mention in the NY Times that says he designs all his clothes so I haven’t found anything else yet on the connection with Vicky Tiel
    92E1EC0C-886A-42FF-9536-DB43BE730848.jpeg