1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victoria Royal Ltd. Beaded Gown Dating- 60's

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by carmenbays, Jul 27, 2020.

1. carmenbays

carmenbays Registered Guest

I have no idea when this is from. 60's maybe? The skirt is one layer with a transparent liner sewn in. The sleeves have zipper closures as well as the back of the dress . The back also has some metal button closures.
    Thanks for the help :)
    IMG_4025.jpg IMG_4026.jpg IMG_4027.jpg IMG_4028.jpg IMG_4027.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    nsweezie and Retro Ruth like this.
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Isn't that ever pretty!

The lining of the bodice appears to be organza, but I couldn't say the fiber for sureā€”silk is possible with the look of the dress. The skirt has the luminosity of silk. Do you have a close shot of the skirt fabric? It might be silk taffeta. I believe the skirt's transparent lining that you are speaking of would be tulle. The beading would have been hand-sewn. I believe the dress is 1960s-vintage.

I see some other dresses by the same Victoria Royal Ltd. online, and it looks like they specialized in long formal gowns.

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I'm seeing 60s especially with those zips. Also that Hong Kong crown colony line was most common in the 50s and 60s, though you do certainly see it later, just less often.

5. carmenbays

carmenbays Registered Guest

thank you @denisebrain !
    here is an up close picture of the skirt fabric. It feels a little courser than I would expect silk to, but you are definitely right about it being very luminous!
    IMG_4040.jpg

6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

carmenbays likes this.