1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victoria Secret - Fake tag or never seen before?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by nostalgic*collections, Aug 15, 2009.

1. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

[​IMG]

I found this on an item listed on ebay. (not my item)

Is it a real vintage Victoria's Secret tag or a fake??

Just curious!

Vicki

2. We don't have an entry for VS in the label resource...perhaps something to consider oh wonderful VFGers? I'm sure there are quite a few labels for them as they've been around for a while.

Sorry Vicki, I have no idea if it's fake or not. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will come along soon.

Nicole

3. Ohhhhhhhhhh you are SO my hero!!! Its not fake!

I have that label in my "collection" from a piece about 5 years ago.. but I couldn't date it accurately as it was in such a classic cami.

but.. i do belive this label "pre-dates" the round one with the crown logo.

is it possible for you to U2U me with the auction number? i would really love to see the garment. :)

i have been working on Victoria's Secret for months and months, but I don't like posting the info to the label resource till its completely substantiated.. it scares me how many people use it.. and i would never want anything mis-represented or misinformed.

i should be done soon.. and hopefully we can all submit our VS labels!

thanks SO much for posting that Vicki, i'm so excited.
    i know.. little things amuse little minds.. lol.
    yvonne

4. nostalgic*collections

Yvonne - It has been sent! Enjoy! I remember posting questions about the crown logo a few months before and you were such a big help!

Thanks!

Vicki

5. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

The slanted script and vines logo is on the tess site.

(CANCELLED) IC 025. US 039. G & S: Women's Lingerie and Underwear. FIRST USE: 19770612. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19770612

6. nostalgic*collections

What is the "tess site"??

7. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

8. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Well, I've collected, owned, worn, bought & sold a slew of VS things over the years, but never have seen this tag before! Thanks to Vicki & Von for the info, and to Gayle for the trademark office site! I learn something new every day.... Now I'll have to be on the lookout for that label!

9. DreFindsVintage

DreFindsVintage Registered Guest

I found this on a teddy, havent really been able to find exact time frame though

Attached Files:

• fb6.jpg
      fb6.jpg
      File size:
      98.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hi,

Well I AM feeling old....I remember this tag, and I remember when Victoria's Secret was just a tiny company, running a small classified ad in black and white in the backs of a few magazines. They only sold a few things, all Victorian revival lingerie and a nightgown or 2, and I don't think they even had a real catalog. The ads were small, black and white of a woman in a camisole, teddie, or nightgown. I think the only colors were white, ivory and pale pink. Later on, when they did their first catalogs, they were small and were VERY different than todays. I still have one late 1970s teddie, with peach-pink ribbons and lace...very soft and romantic.

Better grab my cane and take a walk down memory lane.....