1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vienne westwood/maclaren let it rock

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by vanzy10, Sep 28, 2005.

1. vanzy10

vanzy10 Registered Guest

I bought these brothel creepers on ebay in the USA because I thought they must be from the westwood maclaren boutique "let it rock" which was the precursor to "seditionaries" and "Sex". Then I suddenly thought "what if they aren't?" i have no provenance, they just seem the right style and label- but what if there were two boutiques in the 70s selling teddy gear called "let it rock"? Not impossible eh? I know it's a long shot but any ideas? Thanks everyone. Vanessa

2. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Why don't you email Westwood's company and see if they can help? You might also send a photo of the shoes.

[email protected]

3. vanzy10

vanzy10 Registered Guest

Thanks I will do. Is that the kind of thing they deal with? What a wonderful public service!
    I'll let you know what they say!
    Vanessa

4. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I don't really know for sure. Some companies are happy to answer this kind of inquiry, and others ignore them. But you never know until you ask! Good luck!

Lizzie

5. vanzy10

vanzy10 Registered Guest

Hmmm, I don't think they wanted to answer after all!
    Vanessa

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Maybe you weren't asking the right question. Some customer service folk might not answer if the question looks irrelevant or too complicated. I have never gotten an answer by going into a lot of back story. But on the other hand they could be researching it.

I would suggest trying again with a very short and sweet:

"Is this a marking from V. Westwood's early "Let it Rock" boutique or is it a fake?"

If they say fake it is likely to be someone else who used the same name.

And include a link to the photo rather than an attachment because many comapnies advise their employees not to open any unknown mail with an attachment.

7. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Lizzie, didn't Lin talk to them about authenticating a westwood label before?

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I don't know about the Westwood thing, but chances are, since they are brothel creepers that George Cox made them. You could try contacting them http://www.georgecox.co.uk/

9. vanzy10

vanzy10 Registered Guest

Yes I tried George Cox (so very helpful and fast :)) and they had made them for another 50s boutique of the same name- on Melrose Ave in Los Angeles.
    Sounds like a very interesting boutique run by and for rock stars. Cher shops there. George cox shoes are great I have become a convert! And such a quick reply as well!
    Oh well, so not priceless antiques after all but an interesting learning experience and also a great pair of shoes...
    Vanessa