1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Christian Dior Mink Coats

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jcaruso, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Jcaruso

Jcaruso Registered Guest

Hi Everyone,

I recently inherited my mother's two vintage mink Christian dior coats. She was a small woman (5' tall) so these must be a size 0. I'm doing research into what they might be worth based on their size, condition, age, rarety, etc. (Yes I understand they are not in great shape).

I'm posting here to see if anyone might be able to help put a date on these, or identify the period these coats were made so I could determine the head designer involved.

As per my estimation, these could be from anywhere between 1960s-1970s, but I suppose they could be older than that if they first belonged to my grandmother. I don't remember the story.

Is anyone able to help me to put a good description on these coats as well? What is the style called? Or the pattern? Any information you could give me would be great. Here are some pictures. Feel free to ask questions or for more pictures.

Attached Files:

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

typically, those signature linings were popular in the 1980s. having said that, though, some women did have their coat linings replaced if needed.

the first one is especially unique, love how it was laid out.

3. Jcaruso

Jcaruso Registered Guest

Thanks Mary, I appreciate your reply. Unfortunately I don’t know if they were relined or not, but it’s entirely possible they were. Any idea what kind of style they are?
    Is it possible to trace the origin of the coats based on the design?