1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Clothing Auction

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Mar 14, 2020.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

VFG member Augusta Auctions will hold their Historical Fashion and Textile Auction March 28 online and (for the moment) in Bellows Falls, VT. This heavily beaded dress is labeled “Philippe & Gaston, Paris”, and is from circa 1925. The catalog is HERE.

0025.jpg 0025.5.jpg .

2. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Sooooo good! Thanks for sharing here, Amanda!

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Thanks, Amanda, I knew it was coming soon but didn't have a link.
    There are lots of older historical garments, but not many late 20th c. The coupling of designs is interesting.

Here are a Marie-Louise suit and Givenchy couture jacket. I would be interested in the latter, but not the former.

The CF and button arrange on the Marie-Louise is strange. The vertical color bars on the jacket's right side are more pleasing; on the other side, they are closer together. The transition from the jacket to the skirt probably indicates that the wearer was shorter than the dress form.

The Givenchy fronts are very flattering. The jacket appears a little whop-sided but I think that's the way it was put on the form. Full front views are difficult to photograph.

upload_2020-3-15_12-20-11.png upload_2020-3-15_12-20-11.png

4. claireshaeffer

I posted the jackets on Sewfari Divas and one of my friends commented on the button placements on the Givenchy. What do you think?

5. claireshaeffer

Linda, have you purchased at an auction? If not and the prices work for you, consider it. One of the advantages of VFG is that a member might have something similar that you would like better.

6. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Thanks for the link - I needed that reminder to check up on how it's doing.
    I had been in contact with them and had hoped to have several items in this sale, but missed the deadline. Apparently there's another one in May - so I may do that. I have a Printemps 1956 Dior and several other items that need a wider audience.

MagsRags likes this.