1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Davos Caracorum Italy Boots Help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by justabass41, Mar 17, 2023.

1. justabass41

justabass41 Registered Guest

Found these while thrifting. Im pretty good at digging up backgound value etc but these have me stumped! Any information anybody has about these boots would be greatly appreciated. There are no other marks beside on the soles including a size. Maybe custom? Thanks! 20230317_230638.jpg 20230317_230402.jpg 20230317_230439.jpg 20230317_230542.jpg 20230317_230522.jpg

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

They look like winter / après ski boots. I have no idea about the age. I'll ask around, maybe I can get some ideas from someone who might know.

It's a funny combination of two very different places in that name, though both are in high mountain regions. I wonder if one was the brand name and the other the style name. There is a famous Swiss winter boot company called Kandahar. Sounds weird today when we associate that place with a recent war, but the company was founded decades ago when it would have been simply a faraway place in a mountainous region. They're still around today. So I wonder if someone trying to call boots made for similar use "Caracorum" was just trying to riff off Kandahar's well-known name...

3. justabass41

justabass41 Registered Guest

Thanks for the insights! Gives me a few more places to search

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member