1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Dior dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mollie, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Mollie

Mollie Registered Guest

I bought a beautiful black vintage christian dior dress, and I'm really curious what era it came from! It says it's made in paris France, made in France for creed, its completely invisible hand stitching, a black long sleeve dress with a polka dot silk band tying around the breasts and cuts off above the knee

2. Hi Mollie, welcome to the forums. If you've got photos of the dress and the labels, it would be very helpful. It sounds like a beautiful dress!

3. Mollie

Mollie Registered Guest

Thank you!

Attached Files:

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. Mollie

Mollie Registered Guest

6. Mollie

Mollie Registered Guest

The dress also has shoulderpads, I've been trying to take a picture but it was too big of a file, let me know if this link works![​IMG]

7. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

The label had me thinking it was from the 1970s but if it has shoulder pads, it is most likely early 1980s. We do have two similar labels in our label resource.

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/dior-christian/

Does the other label say Creed or Creeds? Creeds was a very high end department store in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It closed in 1991 due to bankruptcy.

Our member Jonathan has some information in one of his blogs about Creeds Department Store.

https://kickshawproductions.com/blog/?p=9488

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  9. Mollie

Mollie Registered Guest

It says made in France for creeds above the label!

10. Mollie

Mollie Registered Guest

Thanks so much for the help! Greatly appreciated