1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage DIOR Eyeglasses Ornate!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by msricenbeans, Feb 15, 2010.

1. msricenbeans

msricenbeans Registered Guest

Hello, I need some help dating these amazing ornate Christian dior eye glasses. Ideas? Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wire9vintage

wire9vintage Registered Guest

I can't help at all, but I just had to chime in and say "Wow!" Those are the most amazing things ever!

3. msricenbeans

thanks

Thank you! I know can you even believe them? I love the fact that they have perscription lenses which means someone wore them more than just for fun!

4. wire9vintage

wire9vintage Registered Guest

Yes, I noticed the bifocal lenses! I want to meet that lady...she must have been utterly fabulous (oh the stories our vintage finds could tell...)! Good luck with those little beauties!

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

6. msricenbeans

Yes!

Yes, aren't they! Do you think 60's?

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I meant to add that I thought they would be from the 60s.

8. inkedpalm

inkedpalm Registered Guest

TO DIE FOR!!! Awesome!

9. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Hi Sarah,

When I'm an old lady I want to wear specs like that!:wow22:

10. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

LOVE them! The lenses are bi-focals and the D-shaped bifocal is a relatively new thing...

11. msricenbeans

Thank you everyone for your comments!

12. I just wanted to pop in to say that I saw the almost exact same pair in antiques shop last year. The only differences if I recall correctly is that pair was in hot pink and were made into sunglasses.

I so wanted them and dreamed of owning them for months, but I could not bring myself to part with the $350 they were priced.

I think they will do very well for you.

Oh, and I agree 60's

13. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

I think 60s as well, the hardware has that "antique" finish in back that was so popular at the time. Think Florenza jewelry. The lenses could have been replaced at any time but I have had a lot of flat top D-segment bifocals from the 60s. These look like trifocals, are they?

Gosh in my opinion they are museum worthy. I would send a pic to the Dior people and ask them to date them for you.

Melody

14. msricenbeans

Thank you

Thank you, that's a great idea!

15. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I would be really curious as to what they had to say. Also - it would be great documentation to have :)