1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Earrings 60s-80s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by GemGem, Jan 21, 2019.

1. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Hi lovely vintage experts!

The second of my mystery jewellery Pieces is this cute pair of faux pearl earrings, they have some white stones, possibly quartz? They are stamped with what I think is a silver mark '915'. It's odd as they seem to be stamped with it twice in the same place. I'm pretty sure I saw my Nanna wearing these going to social events as late as the 80s but unsure of when they were made. Anyone recognise the era?

One of the stones is missing which is a shame, I'm tempted to wear them with the stone missing since its not so obvious and think it might be a bit of a task finding someone who can fix them.

Many Thanks

thumbnail_IMG_5200.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5199.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5196.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5195.jpg

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

The earrings are a very classic style but cannot be earlier than the '70's when Omega clips came into use. The are probably from the 1980s. The round clear stones are probably CZ's (or another synthetic stone.) The missing stone could be replaced fairly easily by a jeweler. I Googled 915 and it is a silver mark indicating the purity of the silver - possibly from Spain. (Sterling is marked 925.) Maybe the pearls are Majorca Pearls. In any case the earrings are pretty and you should wear them!

GemGem likes this.
  3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Thanks Lin, that's so helpful!

I googled Majorca pearls and found some very similar earrings. And yes Spain would make sense as my Nanna used to travel a lot with one of her social clubs and often bring back trinkets or jewellery.

4. kALLE BROWN

kALLE BROWN Registered Guest

As we know fashion gets repeat we can see many designs that are repeated in 2019 from the '90s and '80s so yes we can say that time fashion was amazing. These old earings can be used with many outfits like office pants and shirts or if you are going for nightclubs wear these with the black or lavender dress. these are just needed to be polished and its good to go.