1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage fashions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by claireshaeffer, Apr 9, 2018.

1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Joyatri likes this.
  2. Ooooooh, my! What fabulous eye candy, thanks for sharing!

The collapsible silk bonnets from the 1830s are fascinating. :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Stunning to see such a collection.
    Thank you for showing this.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Just curious do you know if this is an online auction or only in person?

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

At last! Some great hats on auction! Except now I am broke and cannot bid. But thanks for posting the link, Claire.

Some of the hats are really nice.

7. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Mary Jane, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I think the Whitaker Auctions are online, but I've always bid absentee so I can avoid getting caught up with enthusiasm and over paying.

I got 3 items at the Leslie Hindman Auction yesterday. I didn't bid high enough on 3 more, but I looked at the sale prices. They were more than I wanted to pay.

If you are interested, the 3 bought were 65, 193, and 81. Only 65--the Carven couture--is for my collection. I can wear the others.

They had Dior-NY and at least one Norell that didn't sell. I thought a few pieces that didn't sell were overpriced for example the Guy Laroche couture dress. Even at 50% of the low estimate, it seems high for GL.

GemGem likes this.